Laurie Cook Lyons
Hey there! My name is Laurie, and I am a writer, speaker, podcaster, certified life coach, an ordained minister. I am also, and most importantly, a follower of Jesus which is why I do what I do. You can find me talking about life and the things that happen to us, whether we like them or not, whether we chose them or not, and what to do when we find ourselves in these uncomfortable, sometimes chaotic situations on all my platforms. When I’m not doing those things, you can find me spending time with family (no grands yet ugh), reading, traveling (cross-country road trips are my favorite) walking and enjoying nature. Here are a five more things you might want to know about me:
1. I love flowers. Growing them, arranging them and taking pictures of them.
2. And shoes, I never met a pair I didn’t like. Okay, so maybe I have but, shoes, shoes and more shoes!
3. I am a collector of books. I love the feel and look of them as much as reading them. I arrange them on my shelves by author and then place them together by color.
4. I love mornings. I am an early riser. For three and a half years I set my alarm for 3:00 AM and enjoyed spending time with God before my day began.
5. I am a devoted fan of Coke. Not diet, not Zero or any variation. I have a 10-ounce can every day, with extra ice.
6. Bonus! I am also an ice snob. I seriously purchase bags from Chick-fil-A.